OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY LINK
- ABC of OT
- American HT Foundation
- American Society of HT
- AOTA's OTjoblink
- Australian HT Association.
- British association Of HT
- HRH Global Resource Center
- New Zealand Association Of HT
- Occupational Therapy Board Australia
- Occupational Therapy Board of New Zealand
- Occupational Therapy council( Australia & New Zealand)
- OT Africa Regional Group
- OT America
- OT Argentina
- OT Australia
- OT Bangladesh
- OT Brazil
- OT Canada
- OT Caribbean Country
- OT Chile
- OT Croatia
- OT Europe
- OT Evidence-Based OT
- OT Finland
- OT Foundation America
- OT Foundation Canadian
- OT France
- OT Greece
- OT Hong Kong
- OT Iceland
- OT Ierland
- OT India
- OT Japan
- OT Korea
- OT Malaysia
- OT Netherlands
- OT New-Zealand
- OT Singapore
- OT South Africa
- OT Switzerland
- OT UK
- Student OT Association
Monday, June 4, 2012
Make Occupational Therapy as your Career Choice
Department of Occupational Therapy, Manipal College of Allied Health Sciences, Manipal, 576104, Karnataka, India, Phone: 0820-2922938/ 2922220/ 2922188, Email: email@example.com
Course: Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (BOT). It is 4 ½ year fulltime course.
Eligibility: Student graduated from science stream with at least 45 % marks.
Department of Occupational Therapy Manipal is affiliated by World Federation of Occupational Therapy (WFOT) [www.wfot.org] & All India Occupational Therapist’s Association (AIOTA) [www.aiota.org].
Department of Occupational Therapy, Manipal conducts the Bachelor of Occupational Therapy programme under Manipal College of Allied Health Sciences (MCOAHS) and is affiliated to Manipal University. This Course is also affiliated by Health Professions Council (HPC), UK and National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT), USA.
What is Occupational Therapy?
Occupational Therapy is a health disciplines that evaluates treats and consults with individuals whose abilities to cope with the tasks of everyday living are challenged by physical illness or injury, psychosocial disability or developmental delay.
What does an occupational therapist do?
n Treat persons with disabilities using therapeutic techniques & procedures
n Design and fabricate splints, assistive devices and adaptive aids
n Train for independence in daily activities
n Modify environment to support participation and many more
Job & Academic Prospects
n Occupational Therapy is well renowned in India and has tremendous scope overseas.
n In India the market for this profession is steadily increasing.
n Occupational therapist works in Neurological, Orthopedical, and Pediatric and Mental Health unit in hospital and rehabilitation centre.
n Occupational therapists also work in school, industrial setup and as ergonomic consultant.
n Good opportunities for overseas placements.
n Abroad they draw attractive annual salary.
n Can pursue Masters and PhD in specialized fields.
Why Department of Occupational Therapy Manipal is your right choice for your career?
1) Since 2006 this department is one of the reputed clinical placement destinations for occupational therapy students from different part of the world.
2) Only institute in India which has collaboration with foreign universities in terms of clinical placement, lateral entry and collaborative research in the field of occupational therapy.
3) One of the leading institutes in India in terms of publishing research article in the field of occupational therapy.
4) India’s best splint unit. India’s best standard lab with maximum number of standardized tools for education, treatment and research.
5) More than 60 % of alumni of this department are placed overseas.
6) Highly qualified staff with national & international research background.