"Abilympics" is the combined word of "Ability" and "Olympics". It is used as the name of the skills competition for persons with disabilities.
In 1981, the first International Abilympics was organized in Japan to improve vocational skills, boost motivation to participate in socio-economic activities, and to promote stability by accelerating the employment rate of persons with disabilities. Since then, IA has been held every 4 years in various countries. The 8th IA is scheduled to be held in Korea this year!
- To promote self-reliance and improve skills of persons with disabilities.
- To increase recognition of vocational competency and participation in socio-economic activities of persons with disabilities.
- To support full participation of persons with disabilities in socio-economic activities.
- To promote international exchange and friendship among participants.
- Organizer:8th International Abilympics Seoul 2011 Organizing Committee
- Joint Auspices:Minister of Employment & Labor, Seoul Metropolitan Government, International Abilympic Federation (IAF), Rehabilitation International (RI)
For More information please visit : http://www.ia2011.org/english/enIndex.do