Score foundation is a not for Profit Organization that provides information and advice on life with blindness to visually impaired individuals across India. It is responsible for Project Eye way, a national project to disseminate information on life with blindness via its radio shows in Oriya, Hindi. Helpdesk Teams are based in Delhi, Odisha and West Bengal.
As part of its direct work with the Visually Impaired Individuals and children, Score Foundation is looking for an Occupational therapist (Paediatrics/Neurology) experienced in dealing with children especially visually Impaired children. The Occupational therapist would work holistically towards improving the occupational performance of visually impaired child through providing necessary skills, compensatory strategies and adaptive techniques. The therapist would also focus on reducing the impact of disability by promoting Independence and participation in purposeful activities.
The Occupational therapist would be required to engage with Visually Impaired children on the following:
• Gross and fine motor abilities
• spatial awareness
• ADLs such as feeding, toileting, dressing, grooming.
• Mobility Training
• Helping them explore the environment through play therapy.
• Work with teachers of the visually impaired and other educators to ensure that the child is able to participate fully in the classroom.
• Assists in the child’s transition into adult life, including vocational preparation and community living.
• Engage with Adult and Elderly Visually Impaired Individuals in therapeutic Interventions.
Salary would be best in Industry complying to standards and commensurate with qualification and experience.
If you are an O.T with relevant understanding of domain of visual Impairment and experience in handling Visual Impaired children, please get in touch with Mr George Abraham at: 011-26472582 or Send your C.V at email@example.com.