Registration before 30th Oct 2011
After 30th& Spot Registration
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY LINK
- ABC of OT
- American HT Foundation
- American Society of HT
- AOTA's OTjoblink
- Australian HT Association.
- British association Of HT
- HRH Global Resource Center
- New Zealand Association Of HT
- Occupational Therapy Board Australia
- Occupational Therapy Board of New Zealand
- Occupational Therapy council( Australia & New Zealand)
- OT Africa Regional Group
- OT America
- OT Argentina
- OT Australia
- OT Bangladesh
- OT Brazil
- OT Canada
- OT Caribbean Country
- OT Chile
- OT Croatia
- OT Europe
- OT Evidence-Based OT
- OT Finland
- OT Foundation America
- OT Foundation Canadian
- OT France
- OT Greece
- OT Hong Kong
- OT Iceland
- OT Ierland
- OT India
- OT Japan
- OT Korea
- OT Malaysia
- OT Netherlands
- OT New-Zealand
- OT Singapore
- OT South Africa
- OT Switzerland
- OT UK
- Student OT Association
Thursday, September 22, 2011
Department of Occupational Therapy, Manipal College of Allied Health Science (MCOAHS), Manipal University, Manipal is pleased to announce.
COTE on “Geri Care”
“Population ageing” is one of the biggest challenges to India’s health sector. The older adult will probably be the largest clientele for occupational therapists in the future. With the increased emphasis towards issues concerning older adults, it is imperative that occupational therapists enhance their knowledge and skills in dealing with the elderly.
Objectives of the COTE:
· This COTE is an attempt towards highlighting the role and scope of occupational therapy with elderly.
· The COTE endeavors to facilitate application of theoretical knowledge to clinical practice with the elderly.
· The COTE aims to impart information on vital issues of older adults and practical strategies for occupational therapists to facilitate optimal occupational performance.
Key features of the COTE:
· The COTE is characterized by its interdisciplinary emphasis with eminent resource personnelfrom occupational therapy, geriatric medicine, audiology and optometry.
· The COTE will cover salient topics such as health in elderly, Indian scenario of older elderly, fall prevention, balance training, functional rehabilitation, assistive technology and psychosocial issues.
Who should attend?
· Occupational therapy students, especially interns and post-graduates
· Occupational therapists interested in geriatrics as an area of research
· Occupational therapists working with elderly clients
· Faculty desiring to expand their OT knowledge base to elderly clients
· Occupational therapists desiring to gain additional credits (hours) in elder care for fulfilling licensing requirements in foreign countries where knowledge in elder care is considered important.
Dates of the COTE: 8th and 9th November, 2011 at Manipal
For Further Information Please Contact
Mr. Sridhar. D (B.O.T, M.O.Th, P.G. Dip in Rehab, Cr. EBRM)
Assistant Professor Senior Grade
Department Of Occupational Therapy
Manipal college Of Allied Health Science (MCOAHS)
Manipal University, Manipal 576104
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Mo: 09886216433
Office: 0820- 2922938
Dates of the COTE: 8th nd 9th November, 2011 at Manipal
· DD in favor of Dean, MCOAHS, Manipal payable at Manipal/Udupi